Student Leadership Network Inc. (“SL Network,” “we”, “our” or similar pronouns) knows that the privacy of our donors (“you”) is important to you, and we want you to know that it is important to us too.
Information collected. We collect information about our donors, including information that can be used to specifically identify or contact an individual, when you make a donation to SL Network, including purchasing tickets to our events. For example, we collect the following types of donor information:
- name and contact information: name, organization (if applicable), e-mail address, phone number, and mailing address;
- payment information: payment card information (i.e., credit card number, expiration date and security code), and billing information;
- information concerning your donation or involvement in SL Network, such as a particular fundraiser or team to which you wish to credit your donation, the name of an individual in honor or in memory of whom you wish to donate or why you donated;
- information concerning your involvement in SL Network, such as how you heard about SL Network and any affiliations or involvement with SL Network, such as participation in volunteer events; and
- other information you wish to share, such as questions, comments, and suggestions.
How information is used. SL Network uses donor information in the following ways:
- to process, complete or communicate with you about your transactions, such as making a direct donation or purchasing a ticket to an event;
- to send you our newsletters, as well as promotional and other communications, including information about events, initiatives and offerings of ours (you may opt out of receiving such communications from us by following the instructions below regarding removing your name from our mailing lists);
- to understand and respond to your needs, requests, questions and concerns, and to provide you with better service;
- to protect our rights and property; and
- other purposes disclosed to you when you submit personal information.
How information is shared with third parties. SL Network will not sell, rent, or lease donor information to other organizations. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing with third parties who need donor information in order to provide services to us and sharing what you voluntarily contribute for public posting, we may share donor information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law. We may also share donor information in connection with a restructuring, reorganization, consolidation or dissolution of our organization or a similar transaction. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of SL Network and only to further the activities and purposes of SL Network.
We publish donor lists, from time to time, which may be included on our website or event invitations, RSVP lists or event sponsor lists, in our newsletters and on our website. Your name on such lists may be associated with your donation amount or with your programmatic or volunteer work with SL Network. As described in the paragraph below, you can opt out of your name being included on such donor lists.
Removing your name from our published donor lists. If you wish to not be included on these lists, please let us know by checking the “Make donation anonymous” box on your mailed in donation response card or digital donation; you will be listed as anonymous for purposes of that donation. If you wish not to have your name included on any published donor lists, please let us know by using the contact information below and you will be listed as anonymous for purposes of all of your donations.
Removing your name from our mailing list. It is our desire to not send unwanted mail to our donors. You may tell us that you do not want to receive our promotional messages by sending us your name and email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate you are writing to request that you no longer receive a particular media notification from us. You can also opt out of our promotional emails by clicking on the opt-out or unsubscribe link within the email you receive. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt-out request and that even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
Thank you very much for your support.